The Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges provide a unified voice for our members on Legislative and regulatory issues.
We do this through . . .
- regular communication regarding regulatory issues with the Commission for Independent Education.
- our Legislative Committee’s goal to “initiate and support legislation that promotes transferability, access and accountability.”
- our Legislative Plan, developed each year by the Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
- our grassroots political efforts, which encourage each school to host a Legislative visit, using our “FAPSC Guide to Legislative Visits.”
- FAPSC-PAC, which provides key information about races and allows everyone to participate in the political process through contributions.
Know Your 2014 Legislator Guide is now ready. If you would like a copy please send us an email. UPDATES TO THE 2014 LEGISLATOR GUIDE CLICK HERE!
As a service to our members, we want to provide you with information regarding gubernatorially-appointed vacancies that exist on state boards, commissions and task forces. If you have any interest in applying for one of the positions, FAPSC will advocate on your behalf. Please remember that this benefit is provided to members in good standing with FAPSC and CIE only.
Listing of Current Vacancies
Above is a link to the Governor’s website where you can find a comprehensive list of those vacancies Governor Rick Scott (Exec VI) is responsible for filling. The listings are updated monthly, and should you be interested in a position, call the Governor’s Office at (850) 488-2183 to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements (professional, residency, etc.) for service on that particular board or commission. If you are qualified, ask the Governor’s Appointments Office to send you an application form or you may download an application from the link provided above.