Online Registration has closed, but if you would like to attend and have not yet registered, please call the FAPSC office for assistance.
FAPSC Capitol Day and the December Board of Directors meeting occur on the same day.
Board of Directors: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. -- 110 East College Avenue, Tallahassee, 32301
FAPSC Capitol Day Orientation: 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. -- 110 East College Avenue, Tall, FL 32301
Brief Reception: Following the Orientation -- FAPSC Office, 150 S. Monroe Street, Suite 306, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Meetings with Legislators: All day December 11th.
Hotel: Aloft, 200 North Monroe Street, Tallahassee 32301 Book your group rate for Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges
What is FAPSC Capitol Day?
Each year, FAPSC offers its members the opportunity to participate as advocates for our schools and students. This year, it will be on December 10th & 11th.
It is a simple but effective day in the Capital City.
On day one, all the attendees gather and receive materials. Often, there will be a legislator visit and speak a few words. Then, the attendees will be gathered into teams and given their schedule that shows what time their meetings are with whom they will meet.
The next day, attendees spend the day at the Capitol, meet with their legislators, and drop off materials with legislators who were unavailable for face-to-face meetings.
What does Capitol Day Offer?
1. The opportunity for members to inform legislators about our sector.
2. The opportunity for members to become more involved in the legislative process.
3. The opportunity for members to network with like-minded people.
4. The opportunity for members to help build relationships with policy-makers in Tallahassee.
5. The opportunity for members to join the action to make a difference.
6. The opportunity for members to serve as advocates for Florida's career schools and students!